THE ENT database
All surgery reports, audiograms, follow-up reports, operation sketches and X-ray images in a user-friendly database
It not only systematically documents all relevant aspects of ENT examinations and treatments, but also enables users to statistically analyse these.
During day-to-day medical routine, it is usually only possible to methodically record data when the database system is easy to use and has been designed to be user-friendly. ENTstatistics not only offers these advantages, but makes it possible for users to rapidly document treatment data, such as surgical OP reports, audiogram results, follow-up reports, sketches and x-ray images in a logically structured form.
The Admin Tool is a separate program that allows users to flexibly modify the criteria configuration to their individual requirements or research interests should these change over time.
Downloads & Publications
"The necessity for a prospective, continuous and long term follow-up in otologic surgery"
Prof. Thomas Linder
"A Program for Recording and Evaluating ENT Therapy Data - User Report"
Prof. Uwe Baumann
Listen to what other users have to say about their experiences with ENTstatistics:
Flexible and individual interfaces
ENTstatistics can be easily integrated in an existing hospital information system (HIS). It can be used to view ENT-relevant treatment and statistical data directly from the HIS.
The corresponding workload and costs are minimal as ENTstatistics has a variety of interfaces. It is possible, for example, to automatically import:
- Personal patient details and case data (HL7)
- The results of audiological examinations conducted using all standard devices
- Images and PDF files
Should you require adjustments to the software as well as additional functionality, our development team will be happy to develop a solution that is fully tailored to your needs.
Export of results and treatment data to the HIS
ENTstatistics also has interfaces that provide for the export of data so that results obtained in the ENT department can be automatically uploaded to the HIS. Recently generated audiograms, for example, can be made accessible from all workstations in a hospital in the form of PDF files.
ENTstatistics has been developed in collaboration with leading manufacturers of ENT-related devices.
The ENTstatistics database has a modular structure. This design means that the database configuration can be readily adapted to the individual needs of each ENT clinic.
ENTstatistics can be supplied with the following specialised modules:
- Otology Module (CI functions)
- Rhinology Module
- Tumour Module
- Coman, W. B., Fisher, P., & Dawes, P. (2021). Surgical outcomes: a 100 years in the waiting – Otolanrygology Head and Neck Surgery pan-national audit. ANZ journal of surgery, 91(9), 1658–1659.
- Herisanu, I.T., Hoth, S. & Praetorius, M. Das Heidelberger CI Datenbankmodul. HNO 64, 891–896 (2016).
- Keim, R., Mlynski, R., Cebulla, M., Radeloff, A. & Harnisch, W. Integration einer neuen HNO-Datenbank am Universitätsklinikum Würzburg – Z Audiol 2014; 53 (3) 114–115
- Baumann, U. Ein Programm zur Dokumentation und Auswertung von HNO-Daten – Anwenderbericht – Z Audiol 2012; 51 (4) 140-141
- Linder, T. The necessity for a prospective, continuous and long term follow-up in otological surgery.
- Shrestha BL. Our Experience in Database Entry in Ear Surgery. Kathmandu Univ Med J. 2020; 69(1): 84-85.
- Marinone Lares, S.G., Clark, S., Mathy, J.A., Chaplin, J. and McIvor, N. (2020), Evaluation of a novel database for quality assurance at a head and neck service in New Zealand: an audit of free flap head and neck reconstruction. ANZ Journal of Surgery, 90: 1386-1390.